Sign up now to take advantage of all the NFCA has to offer. Fastpitch news and updates, coaching education, discounts on store products, Fastpitch Delivery newspaper and much, much more.
INFO & APPLICATION >
NFCA CODE OF ETHICS
Commitment to the Players
1. Coaches shall put the welfare of their student-athletes above all else while maintaining professional relationships with them.
2. All games shall be conducted within the letter and intent of the rules of fastpitch softball.
3. Coaches shall encourage the student-athlete to exhibit sportsmanship at all times.
4. Coaches shall always remember that their players are student-athletes and not make demands upon them that are inconsistent with institutional, conference and national governing body rules or in any way compromise the student-athletes’ academic pursuits.
5. Coaches shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sexual orientation, age, national or ethnic origin, or qualified handicapped or disabled persons.
6. Coaches shall follow institutional, conference, national governing body, high school and state association rules regarding drug, alcohol and tobacco use.
Commitment to the Institution
1. Coaches shall behave in such a way that they shall bring credit to their profession and themselves.
2. Coaches shall exhibit professionalism in their actions, words and attire.
3. Coaches shall act in full accordance with institutional, conference and national governing body rules.
4. Coaches shall immediately report any violation of conference or governing body rules regardless of how minor they believe the violation to be.
5. Dissatisfaction with the implementation of institutional, conference and national governing body rules shall be addressed through the proper channels and not through the media or through public opinion.
Commitment to Other Coaches
1. A coach has an obligation to be honest and forthright during the recruiting process. A coach must refrain from making derogatory statements about another coach or institution.
2. Coaches shall treat their colleagues with dignity and respect.
3. Any recruiting of a player at another institution of higher education shall be done in strict accordance with the governing body rules of both institutions involved (e.g., NAIA, NJCAA, NCAA, Cal Community College).
4. Coaches shall honor all professional relationships with their colleagues. They shall avoid conflicts of interest and exploitation of these relationships.
Commitment to Umpires
1. All game umpires shall be treated in a professional and respectable manner at all times.
2. Any displeasure with an umpire’s actions or conduct shall be addressed through the proper channels and not through the media or through public opinion.
3. The NFCA members shall strive to develop positive working relations with the umpires.