1. Where can I find directions to the hotel/classroom?
Directions to all hotels and classrooms can be found by going to the Course Locations section.
2. What should I bring with me to the course?
All participants should bring either a notebook or loose-leaf paper for taking notes.
3. Does the NFCC provide meals during class days?
On the full day of class (Saturday, for most courses), the NFCC will provide lunch for all attendees. Most hotels also offer a free continental breakfast and the NFCC will be providing soft drinks and water throughout the course.
4. Are discounts available for the hotels?
Yes. The NFCC has reserved a block of rooms for each course at a discounted rate. In order to take advantage of the discount, you must make a reservation on or before the date listed in the Course Locations section.
5. Is attendance at every session required?
Participants must attend all sessions in order to earn credit and a certificate of completion for the course. Sorry, no exceptions. Participants not desiring a certificate of completion, CEU or master's degree credit may come and go as they please.
6. Do I have to preregister, or can I sign up on site?
Walk-ups will be accepted during the registration period the day of the course; however, course materials and certificates of completion are provided based on the number of pre-registrants, so we highly recommend signing up in advance to secure your seat in the class.
7. What is appropriate dress for the NFCC courses?
Participants should wear clothing comfortable for an indoor classroom setting. A light-weight jacket is recommended for your individual comfort. Most classes will also have sessions outdoors, so appropriate dress is recommended.
8. I have taken several NFCC courses. Can I register now for the TWU graduate program and still receive credit for the NFCC courses taken previously?
Yes. At this time, the NFCC courses taken previously are grandfathered in by TWU.
9. What is the usual NFCC schedule like?
A normal NFCC class schedule is noon to 5 p.m. on Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Saturday and 8 a.m. to noon on Sunday for a total of 18 classroom hours. There may be some variation to these times, so please check the NFCC web site to confirm the time for your classes. An additional two hours are added to each class for on-line testing.
10. What level of coaches take NFCC courses?
Each class enrollment varies, but most have some representation from all levels of coaches. The NFCC courses are packed with exposure and interaction with some of the best coaches in the game today. Unlike your average clinic of two-hour blocks of instruction on various topics, each NFCC course offers in-depth analysis of one aspect of the game that provides participants the opportunity to become a master coach in that area.
11. What educational opportunities are offered through the NFCC?
You can take NFCC courses just to become a more knowledgeable coach. The master's degree requires a bachelor's degree and acceptance into the TWU master's program. All eight courses plus four additional TWU courses must be completed during the three years of the master's degree program.
12. Can I purchase an NFCC course manual without attending the course?
We do not sell the course manuals seperately. The NFCC registration fee includes the cost of an in-depth course manual which supplements the material being taught during the class. Each manual is considered part of the course and is not written as a stand-alone resource because of the analysis and discussion presented by NFCC instructors.
13. What is your NFCC course refund policy?
If requested, the registration fee may be transferred to another course offered in the same or in the following year's NFCC schedule.
14. Do I need to take the courses in a certain order?
No, NFCC courses may be taken in ANY order.