Chair: Brandon Elliott, Virginia Wesleyan University
Composition and Duties of the All-American and Coaching Staff of the Year Committee per the NFCA Bylaws:
a) Composition and Selection. There shall be a separate All-American and Coaching Staff of the Year Subcommittee for each of the following active membership groups: NCAA Division I, NCAA Division II, NCAA Division III, NAIA, NJCAA, California Community College, High School, Travel Ball — provided the membership of the class/group has reached the proportion/number necessary for recognition (Article III, Section 2).
b) Each subcommittee shall consist of one elected, head coach from each of the regions within the class/group. The candidates for each region’s representative who receive the second highest number of total votes cast shall be Alternate Regional Representatives. One of the members of each subcommittee shall be elected its chair. The overall chair of the All-American and Coaching Staff of the Year Committee shall be the Past President, but she/he shall have voice but no vote. The President and Executive Director shall serve as ex-officio members of this committee and shall have voice but no vote.
c) Duties. It shall be the duty of each All-American and Coaching Staff of the Year Committee to:
(1) Establish policies and procedures for the selection of All-Region and All-American teams, and Coaching Staffs of the Year. Submit the written policies and procedures to the Executive Board for review, and to the active membership for approval (majority vote).
(2) Select All-Region and All-American players according to approved policies and procedures.
(3) Select Regional and National Coaching Staffs of the Year according to approved policies and procedures.
(4) Determine the nature of the awards to be given. Submit recommendations to the Executive Board for approval (majority vote).
(5) Alternate Regional Representative. Alternate Regional Representatives shall substitute for their respective Regional Representative if circumstances prevent her/his attendance at any meeting or conference call. The alternate must be from the region of the absent representative.