Chair: Larissa Anderson, Hofstra University
Composition and Duties of the Awards Committee per the NFCA Bylaws:
a) Composition and Selection. The Awards Committee shall be chaired by the First Vice President. It shall consist of nine members – for each of the following active membership groups: NCAA Division I, NCAA Division II, NCAA Division III, NAIA, NJCAA, California Community College, High School, Travel Ball. The President and Executive Director shall serve as ex-officio members of this committee and shall have voice but no vote.
b) Term of Service. The Fourth Vice President shall serve as chair as long as she/he remains in office. Committee members shall be elected for one, three-year term.
c) Duties. It shall be the duty of the Awards Committee to:
(1) Establish criteria for various service and coaching awards. Submit written criteria and procedures for selection of honorees to the Executive Board for review.
(2) Solicit and review the credentials of individuals who may meet the criteria for service and coaching awards. Certify eligible honorees.
(3) Monitor other organizations’ awards and notify the NFCA membership of any that would apply to fastpitch coaches and their players, in addition to the deadlines for such awards.
(4) Recommend additional awards. Establish criteria and procedures for selection of award recipients and submit the written criteria and procedures to the Executive Board for review and approval.
(5) Recommend procedures for the presentation of NFCA awards at the NFCA National Convention, as well as oversee the process for all except the Hall of Fame inductions.