Established in 1983, the National Fastpitch Coaches Association (NFCA) is the professional growth organization for fastpitch softball coaches from all competitive levels of play. The national office, located in the Crescent Hill community of Louisville, Ky., moved to the Bluegrass State in 2012.
Although collegiate coaches comprised the majority of the organization's membership in the early days, today they are joined by high school, travel ball, professional and international coaches, along with umpires, clubs, businesses and fans of fastpitch softball. Growing from 40 members in 1983 to over 5,500 today, the NFCA boasts members from all 50 states and nine international countries- Canada, Czech Republic, Germany, Great Britain, Ireland, Netherlands, New Zealand, Singapore and Sweden.
There are many services offered to the membership. Highlighted by the All-America teams, the awards program is about recognizing student-athletes for their athletic and academic prowess and coaches for their contributions both on and off the field.
Education is one of the NFCA’s highest priorities. It hosts an annual National Convention in December, conducts eight coaches clinics and provides in-person and online educational classes (NFCC) to its members. The Association also runs collegiate tournaments and hosts skills and academic camps throughout the nation. Additionally the NFCA works with USA Today in producing polls for NCAA Division I and high school softball as well as compiling NCAA Division II and Division III national polls.
- To support fastpitch softball coaches in their quest for excellence, while uniting together to advance the sport we love.
NFCA Core Values
- Service to the membership above all else
- Integrity in everything we do
- Commitment to excellence, innovation and the sharing of information
- Passion for our sport
- Respect for a diverse fastpitch community
- We will be the premier “one stop shop” organization in the sport of fastpitch softball.
- Using state of the art technology, we will create a global presence and increase membership by providing quality products and unparalleled educational events while cultivating sponsorships and partnerships to grow the sport.