Educational tool featuring member coaches sharing insight on softball-related topics
- Designed to help coaches be the best they can be by listening to a member coach, expert in the field or another individual or group share their knowledge of a specific topic
- New episodes will go live on Wednesdays at 12:30 p.m. ET
- New episodes, topics and guests will be regularly announced via the NFCA’s online newsletter and social media accounts
- Past episodes will be available to listen to at any time by choosing the podcast link online at NFCA.org
- Listen to all the episodes on your Apple devices by downloading the podcast app HERE.
“Education is one of our main NFCA pillars. Our goal is to provide fastpitch coaches the best education in the country and to do so in a variety of ways. We are thrilled to introduce the ‘On Deck with the NFCA’ podcasts. Coaches are people on the go and our podcasts will provide the opportunity for coaches to listen and learn from their office, the field, the bus, the plane or anywhere in the country.”
-- NFCA Executive Director Carol Bruggeman
Lineup (Click on link to listen)
- Jan. 18 | Patrick Murphy, head coach, University of Alabama | "How a Successful Preseason Can Make all the Difference in your Postseason"
- Jan. 25 | Darren Mueller, head coach, North Dakota State University | "Creating Competition in Preseason Practices"
- Feb. 1 | Matt Meuchel, assistant coach, University of Arkansas | "Using Practice Statistics to Set a Productive Batting Order"
- Feb. 8 | Penny Siqueiros, head coach, Emory University | "How to Deal with Failure"
- Feb. 15 | Tyra Perry, Head Coach, University of Illinois | "Culture Change is a Process"
- Feb. 22 - Rhonda Revelle, Lori Sippel & Diane Miller (Nebraska) | "The Dynamics of a Successful Coaching Staff"
- March 1 - Karen Weekly, co-head coach, Tennessee & Samantha Ekstrand, NFCA Legal Counsel | "Counseling coaches: How to navigate through tough times."
- March 8 - John Tschida, head coach, University of St. Thomas | "Scouting an Opponent"
- March 15 - Gretta Melsted, head coach, Augustana (S.D.) University | "Empowering Players"
- March 22 - Clyde Verdin, LSU associate sports information director | "Successful Strategies for Using the Media to Promote Your Program"
March 29 - Sarah Munoz, Auburn University | "Social Media, Marketing, Fan Engagement & Promotions"
April 5 - LSU coaching staff | "The Work / Life Equilibrium"
- April 12 - Nicole White, Director of Sports Nutrition, University of Iowa | "Nutrition and the Softball Athlete"
- April 19 - Jacquie Joseph, head coach, Michigan State | "Planning for End of Season Meetings with Staff, Players, and Administrators"
- April 26 - Brian Cain | "Making a strong postseason push"
- May 3 - Aaron Weintraub | "How to use positive self-talk to improve your game"
Let us know what you want to hear by emailing your suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org