The 2017 NFCA National Convention is a week away. Here are some important tips as you prepare to #WinWithUs in Las Vegas.
- Record-breaking- over 1,600 attendees and counting
- Largest exhibit show with 135 companies
WHAT’S NEW IN 2017
- Fastpitch Issues Fourm – Wed., 3:00 p.m.
- Legacy Event Management After Party- Beer Park (Paris Rooftop) – Fri., 9:00 p.m.
- Three Pre-Convention Seminars
- Dual Educational Speaker Sessions
- Multi-colored lanyards/credentials (Must be worn at all times)
- NFCA Convention Tagboard
- Speaker information & outlines
- Exhibitor information
- Exhibit Hall layout
- Meetings, Session & Social Event times & locations
- Interactive Maps
- Social Media links
- Live Q&A Polling
- Personalized schedules
- NFCA Sponsor & Partner information
WHO’S COMING, WHAT’S ON TAP
Check out who is speaking and when they will be presenting. Also, take time to visit our exhibitor show being held Dec. 7-8. With 135 companies on tap, attendees have the opportunity to check out the newest softball training equipment, technology and apparel. While you’re in our exhibit hall, make sure to take part in the prize drawings and Scrap Yard Sports Happy Hour (5:00-6:30 p.m.) on Dec. 7 and the silent auction and Sports Attack Raffle (12:00-12:50 p.m.) on Dec. 8, for your chance to come away with some tremendous prizes.
To receive text updates during the NFCA National Convention, text NFCA to 313131
Get social during the convention and have a chance to win fun prizes during our Twitter contest. Here’s a head start so you can put a game plan into action to win! You must use #WinWithUs to be eligible.
- Day 1 (Tuesday): Post your best tip to enjoy Convention.
- Day 2 (Wednesday): Take a photo with a new coaching friend.
- Day 3 (Thursday): Take a selfie with your favorite exhibitor.
- Day 4 (Friday): Caption this photo (photo will be provided first thing in the morning).
- Day 5 (Saturday): Best Convention moment.
Brand new to the 2017 NFCA Convention: Tagboard social wall
We want to display your NFCA Convention experiences on the big screen!
This unique social wall pulls all your social media posts, pictures and videos containing #WinWithUs and NFCA and will be displayed at multiple locations throughout Convention! Get creative and prepare to make a splash this Convention with the NFCA and Tagboard!
Make sure to follow us on all of our social media platforms!
Check in at the Grand Salon on the 1st floor to receive your credential, welcome items and other pertinent convention information. Don’t forget to check out our NFCA store located in the Grand Salon as well!
New this year you will be required to show ID upon picking up your convention credentials. If you are picking up for your entire staff at least one ID will be required.
Registration and store hours are as follows
- Tuesday, Dec. 5 | Noon-4:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, Dec. 6 | 7:00 a.m.-7:00 p.m.
- Thursday, Dec. 7 | 7:00 a.m.-7:00 p.m.
- Friday, Dec. 8 | 8:00 a.m.-Noon
- Saturday, Dec. 9 | 8-10:00 a.m.
* In addition to picking up your credentials (for those who preregistered), members can also register on-site, renew their memberships and sign up for other convention related items
Credential lanyard color key (Must be worn at all times):
- Royal - NCAA Division
- Teal - NCAA Division I
- Purple - NCAA Division II
- Green – NAI
- Orange - Junior Colleg
- Red - High School/Travel Ball/Yout
- Gray - Affiliate/Auxiliar
- Pink – Exhibito
- Yellow - Event Onl
- White – Medi
- Black - NFCA Staff
For nearly 30 years, Bally’s has been one of the most famous hotels on the Las Vegas strip. Combining old style Vegas with new Vegas amenities, Bally’s will be a great host for this year’s NFCA National Convention. The hotel offers numerous features for its guests, including a spa, pool and tennis courts. The newest addition to Las Vegas, located just steps from Bally’s, is the LINQ entertainment district, which features outdoor shopping, dining and activities. The crown jewel of LINQ is the 550-foot tall High Roller, the world’s largest observation wheel, which has 2,000 LED lights and provides a stunning view of Las Vegas.
McCarran International Airport, located less than five miles south of the Las Vegas Strip, is the eighth-busiest airport in the world. It is about a 10-minute drive from Bally’s. The airport offers direct flights to more than 125 U.S. cities and is served by 28 domestic and international airlines. High-speed WiFi is free in all public areas.
It is unlikely that you will need to rent a car unless you plan to go sightseeing outside the city. There are numerous shuttles, taxis, limos and a monorail, plus the Lyft or Uber apps, for travel within the city and to and from the airport. Many destinations are also within walking distance.
NFCA convention-goers can get a reduced-rate fitness pass for $15 per day or a three-day (consecutive) pass for $40. The NFCA will also offer free morning group workouts with a fitness expert. There is a food court and a variety of shops at Bally’s, one level below the Convention rooms, which are conveniently accessed via the escalator near the gaming area. Additionally, Bally’s is connected to Paris Las Vegas via an indoor walkway, where there are additional food, shopping and gaming options. A host of other Las Vegas attractions are located off-site, not far from our Convention location.