NFCA Members: Important! Please note that you will need to login to receive the $125 member discount on convention registration.
Non-NFCA Members: If you are not a member and wish to join to receive the discount, click Join now or select the checkbox below to sign up for a membership.
Surrounding States Special: Any high school, travel ball, or youth coach from the following states will receive $50 OFF the 2018 NFCA Convention registration fees! MUST CALL the NFCA by November 1, 2018 to receive this discount. Qualifying States: Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Missouri, and Wisconsin.
1. Annual Convention Overview and Expectations
2. Registration Timeline
2.1. Registration Guidelines
3. Access, Lanyards & Types of Convention Credentials
3.1. Attendee Credential
3.1.2. Friday/Saturday Only
3.2. Exhibitor Credential
3.3. Media Credential
3.4. Special Guest Credential
3.5. Event Only Credential
3.6. Replacement Credentials & Lanyards
3.7. Auxiliary Access
4. Refunds, Cancellations & Registration Transfers
4.3. Credential Transfers
5. Convention Attire
7. Hotel & Travel
8. Exhibit Hall
9. Pre-Convention Seminar
10. National Fastpitch Coaches College (NFCC)
1. Annual Convention Overview and Expectations: The NFCA annual convention offers networking opportunities, divisional meetings and speaker sessions with some of the game's most successful coaches. Highlights of this premier event include:
* Clinic Sessions: Learn valuable drills and tips from some of the best speakers and smartest minds in the game today. Veteran coaches and national experts share their secrets of softball.
* Mentoring Workshop: Participate as either a mentor or a mentee. As part of round-table discussions, veteran coaches respond to various topics and share their expertise while junior coaches have the opportunity to ask questions.
* Awards: Celebrate milestone wins at our NFCA Victory Club luncheon, honor our Regional & National Coaching Staffs of the Year at our NFCA Champions Brunch and recognize the newest group of legends of our game at our NFCA Hall of Fame Banquet.
* Exhibit Hall: Learn about the latest innovations in softball equipment, technology and apparel during our two day exhibit show.
* Business Meetings: Discuss changes specific to individual membership group and share ideas on the future of the sport.
* Social Events: Attend sponsored after-hours events and network with coaches of all levels of the game.
While at the convention, it is expected that attendees conduct themselves in a responsible and professional manner at all times. Disorderly or offensive conduct will not be tolerated. Individuals who display such behavior may not be permitted to attend sessions and may have their credential revoked.
2. Registration Timeline: Online registration for the NFCA convention goes live in late August. Once live, NFCA members can log into their NFCA membership account and receive discounted pricing.
Additional information on membership, convention registration, registration and credential options, and other discounted rates to include the surrounding state and early bird specials can be found at nfca.org.
* During NFCA convention activities, the NFCA reserves the right to use various content to promote the NFCA.
2.1. Registration Guidelines
2.1.1. In order to receive the NFCA convention early bird rate (for both members
and non-members), all convention and if desired, pre-convention seminars must be submitted to the NFCA by November 1. Rates increase after November 1, after November 25 th and again for on-site registrations at the convention location site.
2.1.2. All registration fees must be paid in full prior to receiving a convention
credential and materials.
2.1.3. Due to NCAA guidelines and regulations, perspective student-athletes
are not permitted to attend the NFCA regardless of NFCA membership status.
3. Access, Lanyards & Types of Convention Credentials: Access into any and all NFCA convention sessions requires a credential and lanyard. A description of the available NFCA convention credentials is detailed below. Credentials should be worn at all times during the annual convention and may be obtained on-site at the NFCA convention registration desk. Please note, security will monitor entry into all of the convention sessions and access will not be permitted without the appropriate accreditation.
Colored lanyards will be given with each credential and will be used to distinguish different attendee affiliations. Lanyard breakout types include Division I, Division II, Division III, NAIA, Junior College (Two-Year College), High School/Travel Ball/Youth, Exhibitor, Media, Auxiliary/Affiliate, and Event Only.
3.1. Attendee Credential:
3.1.1. Full-Convention Attendee Credential: Gives access to the entire
convention to include all committee and business/caucus meetings, speaker sessions, after hour social events, the Exhibit Hall, the Hall of Fame banquet, the Softball Summit, and any event where meals are served. Entrance into the pre-convention seminars and/or NFCC courses, requires is an additional fee. Note: The individual business/caucus meetings provide a place where issues specific to a particular group can be discussed in an open forum. Because of this, entrance into the business/caucus sessions is reserved for coaches/staff of that particular caucus group only (i.e. Division I caucus for Division I coaches and staff). A summary of the topics discussed during the various caucus meetings will be provided for those who are interested.
3.1.2. Friday/Saturday Only Credential: Is available to High School, Travel Ball
and Youth coaches and allows access into speaker sessions, after hour social functions, the Exhibit Hall, and meals offered on Friday and Saturday.
3.2. Exhibitor Credential: Is a credential provided to any company that purchases booth space for the annual convention. This credential allows exhibitors access into the Exhibit Hall, the Exhibit Hall happy hour event, and the hosted breakfasts on Thursday and Friday morning. For specific details on the Exhibitor Credential, reference the Exhibitor Guidelines at https://nfca.org/web_docs/convention/NFCA-Exhibitor-Guidelines.pdf
3.3. Media Credential: Media credentials are available to media personnel and may be obtained through the NFCA Director of Media Relations. For specific details on the Media credential, reference the Media Guidelines at https://nfca.org/web_docs/convention/NFCA-Media-Guidelines.pdf
3.4. Special Guest Credential: Will be given to speakers who are invited to the annual convention to present and who would otherwise not be in attendance. They may also be given to individuals who require access into specified convention forums (i.e. personnel from another coaches associations or an NCAA representative). Individuals with Special Guest Credentials will have full convention access.
3.5. Event Only Credential: Will be available for individuals who only wish to attend certain events. Individual event access available for purchase include, the Victory Club Luncheon, Hall of Fame Banquet, Champions Brunch, and all reception/after hour social events.
3.6. Replacement Credentials & Lanyards: There will be a $75 replacement fee for a lost credential or lanyard of any type; if both the credential & lanyard need replaced it will be a $100 fee. Replacements can be obtained at the NFCA Convention registration desk on-site.
3.7. Auxiliary Access: As an all-inclusive organization, the NFCA welcomes interested parties/groups to be a part of this premier event. If your circumstances and how to gain access are not covered under the NFCA Attendee, Media, Special Guest, Exhibitor, or Event Only credential, please contact the NFCA Executive Director at (502) 409-4600. For specifics on Auxiliary access, reference the Auxiliary Guidelines at https://nfca.org/web_docs/convention/NFCA-Auxiliary-Guidelines.pdf
4. Refunds, Cancellations & Credential Transfers:
4.1. Refunds: All refund requests must be submitted to email@example.com.
* Cancellations received on or prior to November 15 will receive a full refund, minus an administrative fee of $75.
* Cancellations between November 16 and November 23 will receive a one-half refund.
* There will be no refunds for cancellations after November 24.
* A detailed copy to the refund and cancellation guidelines will be sent via email once your registration for the NFCA convention has been received.
* All appeals to the refund and cancellation policy must be submitted in writing on or before December 15 to firstname.lastname@example.org .
4.3. Registration Transfers: Individuals who register for the annual convention, but who are no longer able to attend, may transfer their registration to another individual for $50 plus the difference in the registration cost (i.e. registered at the NFCA member rate but transferring the registration to a non-member). To transfer a registration, please email Events@nfca.org with transfer details. Credential transfer requests must be made in writing at least 5 days prior to the start of the convention.
5. Convention Attire: The NFCA Convention is casual dress with the exception of the NFCA Hall of Fame Banquet on Friday evening. Attire for this prestigious event is dressy.
6. Alcohol: Alcohol will be served during the after hour social events and the Hall of Fame banquet, but the consumption of alcohol is not permitted during any of the business, committee, or educational sessions.
7. Hotel & Travel: The location of the NFCA annual convention varies from year-to- year. Specifics on the city as well as detailed information on the host hotel and travel can be found at nfca.org.
8. Exhibit Hall: Open Thursday and Friday of the annual convention, the Exhibit Hall provides attendees the opportunity to meet and visit with some of the leading companies in the softball industry. With an estimated 115 companies represented, exhibits range from apparel and equipment to technology. A silent auction will also be conducted with the opportunity to bid on and win a variety of softball products. Details on the NFCA Exhibit Hall can be found at https://nfcaevents.org/exhibitors-sponsors/convention-exhibitors.php
9. Pre-Convention Seminar: Prior to the start of the convention, an added educational opportunity is available for interested individuals. Topics and speakers for the pre-convention seminar vary from year-to-year. Registration for this additional session can be done in conjunction with convention registration. Please note an additional fee is required to attend this event and rates increase after November 1.
10. National Fastpicth Coaches College (NFCC): Offers in-depth educational opportunities in a multi-day setting for all coaching levels. Courses are taught by the game's premier coaches and are offered in a variety of locations annually. Topics range from on-field tactics to creating and cultivating a championship culture with a program.