Softball Student-Athlete Camps
Northeast Academic Camp
DATE: 6/14/23LOCATION: Newtown Helen Randle Softball Complex | View Map
SEE OUR 2023 COLLEGE COACH INSTRUCTOR LINEUP BELOW!
On or before May 31, 2023: $159
June 1-13, 2023: $169
On-Site June 14, 2023: $179
Requirements for Registration
All athletes must have completed at least seventh grade at the time of camp; no junior college athletes will be accepted. Graduation dates must fall within years 2023-2028. Student-athletes who do not meet the thresholds are still able to register for and participate in the camp. If you have any questions please email the Camp Director.
**The difference between Academic and Classic camps is the emphasis placed on the academic performance of the prospective student-athletes. It is recommended that all registered student-athletes meet the following thresholds before registering for the NFCA Northeast Academic Camp.
- SAT – 1190 minimum score combined (If all parts of the test are taken)
- SAT- 600 minimum score (For Math or Reading/Writing Section Scores)
- PSAT – 1110 minimum score (If all parts of the test are taken)
- PSAT- 560 minimum score (For Math or Reading/Writing Section Scores)
- ACT- 26 minimum score (using your composite score)
- In addition, ALL applicants should have a 3.5 cumulative GPA or higher.
*Times subject to change
All times reflect Eastern Time
Outfielders/Catchers Itinerary: 8:30–11:20 a.m
8:30-8:45 a.m.: Introductions and explanation of camp format
8:45-9:25 a.m.: First rotation
9:25-9:35 a.m.: Water Break & rotate fields
9:35-10:15 a.m.: Second rotation
10:15-10:25 a.m.: Water break & rotate fields
10:25-11:05 a.m.: Third rotation
11:05–11:20 a.m.: Coaches Q&A
Outfielders three rotations include:
- Ground ball/fly ball defense: repetitions
- Specialty outfield defensive skills
Catchers three rotation include:
- Throwing skills for catchers
- Fielding skills for catchers
Pitchers Itinerary: 11:45 a.m.–2:35 p.m
11:45 a.m.-Noon: Introductions and explanation of camp format
Noon-12:40 p.m.: First rotation
12:40–12:50 p.m.: Water Break & rotate fields
12:50–1:30 p.m.: Second rotation
1:30–1:40 p.m.: Water break & rotate fields
1:40–2:20 p.m.: Third rotation
2:20–2:35 p.m.: Coaches Q&A
Pitcher rotations include:
- Demonstrating all pitches
- Fielding skills for pitchers
Infielders Itinerary: 3-5:50 p.m
3-3:15 p.m.: Introductions and explanation of camp format
3:55-3:55 p.m.: First rotation
3:55-4:05 p.m.: Water Break & rotate fields
4:05-4:45 p.m.: Second rotation
4:45-4:55 p.m.: Water break & rotate fields
4:55-5:35 p.m.: Third rotation
5:35-5:50 p.m.: Coaches Q&A
Infielders three rotations include:
- Ground ball defense: repetitions
- Specialty infield defensive skills
- 14+ days prior to the camp: Full refund minus $25 administration fee.
- 8-13 days prior to camp: One-half refund.
- 7 days prior to camp: No refunds for any reason, including, but not limited to accident, injury, verbal commitments, team changes, tournament cancellations and/or other circumstances which might adversely affect camp participation.
RETURNED CHECK POLICY:
For all returned checks, original fee for the event must be remitted via money order or cashier's check plus a $30 processing fee.
There is no indoor facility available. If weather forces the cancellation of the entire camp, a one half refund will be provided to all attendees. The NFCA camp staff will do everything possible to hold the camp as scheduled.
This camp is open to any and all entrants- limited only by age, grade level, and/or the number of participants
There is no indoor facility available. If weather forces the cancellation of the entire camp, a one-half refund will be provided to all attendees. The NFCA camp staff will do everything possible to hold the camp as scheduled.
All catchers MUST wear catching gear at NFCA Camps- No Exceptions.
If attending the Pitcher session of this camp, you must provide your own catcher for your defensive rotation.
The NFCA is an inclusive organization that does not discriminate based on any protected class: age, ancestry, color, disability or handicap, national origin, race, religion, gender, gender-identity, or sexual orientation.