Established in 1983, the National Fastpitch Coaches Association (NFCA) is the professional growth organization for fastpitch softball coaches from all competitive levels of play. Although collegiate coaches comprised the majority of the organization's membership in the early days, today they are joined by high school, travel ball, professional and international coaches, along with umpires, clubs, businesses and fans of fastpitch softball. Growing from 40 members in 1983 to over 5,700 today, the NFCA boasts members from all 50 states and 11 international countries – Canada, Czech Republic, Germany, Great Britain, Ireland, Italy, Netherlands, New Zealand, Singapore, Switzerland and Sweden.
There are many services offered to the membership, highlighted by education, events, awards and networking opportunities. All-America teams, scholar-athlete accolades, coaching achievements, off-the-field contributions and various grants and scholarships make up the awards program. An annual National Convention, eight regional Coaches Clinics, in-person seminars (NFCCs), tournaments and camps contribute to the Association’s continued event presence.
In addition to all of the above, education remains our top priority. Featuring a grassroots Coaching Tools package compiled of practice plans, drills and evaluation forms, the NFCA also disseminates podcasts, webinars, a mentoring program, publications, legal counsel and accurate and credible information surrounding the sport.
The national office, located in the Crescent Hill community of Louisville, Ky., and the headquarters of 11 employees, 19 Board members and seasonal interns, moved to the Bluegrass State in 2012.
- To support fastpitch softball coaches in their quest for excellence, while uniting together to advance the sport we love.
NFCA Core Values
- Service to the membership above all else
- Integrity in everything we do
- Commitment to excellence, innovation and the sharing of information
- Passion for our sport
- Respect for a diverse fastpitch community
- We will be the premier “one stop shop” organization in the sport of fastpitch softball.
- Using state of the art technology, we will create a global presence and increase membership by providing quality products and unparalleled educational events while cultivating sponsorships and partnerships to grow the sport.