OKLAHOMA CITY, Okla. --- The NCAA along with Women’s College World Series hosts Oklahoma City All Sports Association, University of Oklahoma and ASA Hall of Fame Stadium are proud to announce the second game of the Championship Series on June 7 will be recognized as Military appreciation night. With several activities slated to honor all branches of the Military, fans are encouraged to wear red, white and blue and attend this special evening to thank all military personnel for their service.
Tickets are still available for Tuesday for $17 each by calling (800) 745-3000 or by visiting the ticket booth just outside the ASA Hall of Fame stadium. The ticket booth opens at 1 p.m. on both Monday, June 6 and Tuesday, June 7. Tickets can also be purchased at Homeland Grocery Stores (the Ticketmaster local retail outlet in Oklahoma).
For members of the military (active and retired) tickets are discounted with $5 off by showing a military ID.
Listed below are a few of the special events planned for the evening:
- Free Fan Giveaway while supplies last – NCAA WCWS Buff.
- The ceremonial first pitch for Game 2 of the Championship Series will be thrown by Oklahoma Secretary of Veterans and Military Affairs, Rita Aragon.
- God Bless America performed by Master Sergeant Wavelon Jackson from Tinker Air Force Base.
- National anthem performed by 77th Army Band from Ft. Sill, Oklahoma.
- American Flag presented by service men and women from Oklahoma’s own Altus Air and Tinker Air Force Bases.
- Colors presented by Altus Air Force Base Blue Knights Honor Guard and Tinker Air Force Base Honor Guard.
- United States Special Operations Command Parachute Team, “The Para-Commandos”- The Para-Commandos are all active duty military or Department of Defense civilians assigned to the Special Operations Command. Most are combat veterans and have a Special Operations background. Many served with the U.S. Army Special Forces, commonly known as the elite Green Berets. Others served with U.S. Army Rangers, the world's premier light infantry fighting force. The U.S. Air Force is well represented with specialized combat controllers, para-rescue men and combat air crewmen. The U.S. Navy is represented with U.S. Navy SEALs and Special Warfare Combat Crewmen, and the U.S. Marine Corps is represented by Special Operations Marines.
- The bottom of the 3rd inning will feature an on-field presentation by the NCAA to Maj. Ed Pulido, a Wounded Warrior from Oklahoma and Vice President with the Folds of Freedom organization.
- The bottom of the 5th inning will feature an on-field presentation by the NCAA to two of the highest ranking female leaders serving our country at Tinker Air Force Base in Oklahoma City, Colonel Marcia Walker, Senior Individual Mobilization Augmetntee to the Director, Aerospace Sustainment Directorate, Oklahoma City Air Logistics Center, Tinker Air Force Base and Senior Female enlisted member at Tinker Air force Base, Chief Master Sergeant Tina Long, Command Chief Master Sergeant, 507th Air Refueling Wing.
- Courtesy of the NCAA