LOUISVILLE, Ky. — Annette Cooke, head coach with the Triangle Lightning travel ball program, was chosen as the grand-prize winner in the NFCA’s 2023 “Power of One” membership drive, an annual initiative to grow the Association by asking each member to get one new person to join before the 2023 NFCA National Convention in the Association’s hometown of Louisville.
Cooke’s name was drawn from the received referrals during the membership drive that went from Sept. 1 to Dec. 1. As the winner, Cooke chose a lifetime membership with the NFCA.
The other available choices for the winner this year were:
- TWO tickets to the CHAMPIONSHIP SERIES of the 2024 Division I WCWS in Oklahoma City (Priceless!)
- FREE registration to the 2024 Convention in Dallas, Texas ($375 value)
- FREE digital educational softball package (up to $500 value)
- FREE registration to your choice of two 2024 Coaches Clinics ($278 value)
- TWO 2024 NFCC Fall or Winter registrations ($398 value)
Each time a member referred another person to join the NFCA as a new member up to the Dec. 1 deadline, they earned an entry into the contest. Additionally, when a full membership was donated, the gift granted another coach the opportunity to benefit from all the NFCA has to offer, and in turn, the donating coach was entered five times into the grand-prize drawing.
During the contest period, the NFCA also selected biweekly winners for free NFCA digital downloads.
The 2023 NFCA Convention kicks off today at 5:30 p.m. with the “First Pitch” Opening Welcome, featuring a parade of past and present leaders, who will provide insight and stories surrounding key moments in NFCA history and the ‘inside scoop’ on how pivotal decisions — both on and off the field — led to where softball’s success is today.