KANSAS CITY, Mo. – Kathleen Daniel of Brenau (Ga.) and Kelsey Gravens of Midway (Ky.) have been named the NAIA National Softball Pitcher and Player of the Week, respectively. Daniel and Gravens were selected based on their performances from March 27 – April 2, and were chosen out of a pool of conference, independent and unaffiliated group winners.
Softball Pitcher of the Week
Kathleen Daniel, Brenau (Ga.)
Fr., P, Locust Grove, Ga.
• Helped Brenau in two sweeps Top 25 opponents – then-No. 21 Mobile (Ala.) and then-No. 2 William Carey (Miss.).
• Pitched 28 innings, recorded 39 strikeouts and two walks, allowed 20 hits and four runs on the week.
• Daniel’s highlighted game of the week was against William Carey where she posted 14 strikeouts in a complete-game win.
• Daniel has an overall record of 30-2 with an 0.45 ERA, which ranks third in the NAIA.
• She leads the NAIA in opponent batting average (0.113), strikeouts per game (12.65), total strikeouts (418), hits allowed per game (2.57) and wins (30).
Softball Player of the Week
Kelsey Gravens, Midway (Ky.)
Jr. C, Mt. Washington, Ky.
• Helped her team to a 6-0 week against Alice Lloyd (Ky.), Carlow (Pa.) and Point Park (Pa.).
• Batted .500 (10-for-20) with four doubles, four homers, 10 RBI and a slugging percentage of 1.300.
• Gravens is ranked No. 6 in the NAIA in total bases per game (2.9) and No. 9 in doubles per game (0.5).
Complete release HERE.
-- Courtesy of Spencer Scheve, NAIA
-- Image courtesy of brenautigers.com