KANSAS CITY, Mo. – Taylor Winn of Lindenwood-Belleville (Ill.) has been named theNAIA National Softball Pitcher of the Week and Kali Pugh of Oklahoma City has been named the NAIA National Softball Player of the Week, the national office announced Tuesday. Winn and Pugh were selected based on their performances from April 17 – 23, and were chosen out of a pool of conference, independent and unaffiliated group winners.
Softball Pitcher of the Week
Taylor Winn, Lindenwood-Belleville (Ill.)
Sr., P, Herrin, Ill.
Winn went 5-0 with a 0.00 ERA in contests against Missouri Baptist, Calumet (Ind.) and Cardinal Stritch (Wis.). She struck out 29, walked three and surrendered 12 hits in 29 innings of work. She highlighted her week when she recorded 11 strikeouts and allowed two hits in a complete game effort• She boasts a 22-5 overall record with a 1.91 ERA on the season.
• Ranked No. 4 in the NAIA in wins (22) and total innings pitched (187.1).
• Winn’s 29 strikeouts pushed her total over 600 in her career.
Softball Player of the Week
Kali Pugh, Oklahoma City
Sr. IF, Vista, Calif.
• Helped her team to a 5-1 week against then-No. 6 NCAA Division II West Texas A&M, Bacone (Okla.) and Texas Wesleyan.
• Had 23 at-bats, connecting for 15 hits, totaling 10 RBI’s on the week.
• Her highlight game came in the first game of a double-header against West Texas A&M where Pugh recorded three hits, tallied two RBI’s and delivered a 10th inning RBI to claim the victory over the Buffs.
• Averaged 3.8 at bats, 2.5 hits, 2.2 runs scored, a batting average of .652 and a slugging percentage of 1.087.
• Pugh’s two homers in a game against Bacone marks her third time this season and fifth time in her Oklahoma City career she has belted two home runs in a game.
-- Courtesy of NAIA