KANSAS CITY, Mo. – Anessa Cepeda of Hope International (Calif.)has been named the NAIA National Softball Pitcher of the Week and Cassie Kuizin of Taylor (Ind.) has been named the NAIA National Softball Player of the Week. Cepeda and Kuizin were selected based on their performances from March 26 – April 1, and were chosen out of a pool of conference, independent and unaffiliated group winners.
Pitcher of the Week
Anessa Cepeda, Hope International (Calif.)
Jr., P, Long Beach, Calif.
- Cepeda earned three wins – one complete game victory – last week while posting a 0.43 ERA.
- Weekly Stats
- She faced two Top 25 opponents, in addition to a team in the “receiving votes” category, Simpson (Calif.)
- In 16.1 innings, allowed just one earned run and struck out six batters
- She pitched against three offenses that ranked among the Top 15 in the NAIA in a number of offensive categories, including batting average and extra-base hits
Player of the Week
Cassie Kuizin, Taylor (Ind.)
Sr., SS, Springfield, Ill.
- In the 12-6 win against Spring Arbor (Mich.) on March 28, Kuizin hit for the cycle in order, scored three times and provided the game-tying home run with two outs in the seventh inning.
- Weekly Stats
- Posted a .650 batting average (13-for-20), 1.800 slugging percentage, .741 on-base percentage, while knocking six home runs.
- She scored 12 runs in six games and added 13 RBI.
- Collected career-high six RBI in win vs Bethel (Ind.) on March 30.
- Ranks No. 2 in the NAIA in total bases per game (3.2) and slugging percentage (1.016), No. 13 in runs scored per game (1.25) and No. 14 in home runs (8).
-- Courtesy of NAIA