KANSAS CITY, Mo. - Makenna Aycock of Texas Wesleyan has been named the NAIA National Softball Pitcher of the Week and teammate Bailey Terry has been named the NAIA National Softball Player of the Week, the national office announced Tuesday. Aycock and Terry were selected based on their performances from April 2 – 8, and were chosen out of a pool of conference, independent and unaffiliated group winners.
Pitcher of the Week
Makenna Aycock, Texas Wesleyan
Jr., P, Tyler, Texas
- Aycock was 2-0 with a 1.40 ERA and 13 strikeouts in 15 innnings of work.
- Weekly Stats
- Set a career-high with 10 strikeouts in 8-0 win over Southwestern Christian (Okla.) on April 4.
- Tossed a complete-game, eight-inning contest as she finished with three strikeouts and three runs allowed in 4-3 win against No. 2 Science & Arts (Okla.) on April 6. The Drovers entered the game in the top 10 in runs scored at 7.6.
- Earned a one-inning save in the victory over Science & Arts in the second game of the doubleheader. She didn’t allow a base runner and fanned one batter.
- With a 10-3 record on the year, Aycock has won her last five starts in the circle.
Softball Player of the Week
Bailey Terry, Texas Wesleyan
Jr., 3B, Las Cruces, N.M.
- Terry hit .500 (6-for-12) with five homers, six runs scored and 15 RBI in a week when the Rams went 4-0.
- Weekly Stats
- In a doubleheader sweep of No. 2 Science & Arts (Okla.), Terry went 4-for-7 with three home runs and nine RBI.
- Five of her six hits on the week were round-trippers.
- Extended her active hitting streak to 10 games.
- Ranks third in the NAIA in total RBI (47) and fourth in home runs (12).
-- Courtesy of NAIA