KANSAS CITY, Mo. – Georgia Wall of Oklahoma City has been named the NAIA National Softball Pitcher of the Week and Kaisey Carson of Indiana Wesleyan has been named the NAIA National Softball Player of the Week. Wall and Carson were selected based on their performances from March 20 – 26, and were chosen out of a pool of conference, independent and unaffiliated group winners.
Softball Pitcher of the Week
Georgia Wall, Oklahoma City
So., P, Marlow, Okla.
• 2-0 on the week, including a perfect game, 8-0, over Sterling (Kan.).
• She struck out eight in the five-inning win which improved the Stars to 32-0.
• Tossed Oklahoma City’s first perfect game since Abby Meador on April 21, 2015.
• Pitched six innings against Mount Mercy (Iowa), allowing four hits and one run in the 9-1 victory.
Softball Player of the Week
Kaisey Carson, Indiana Wesleyan
Sr. OF/P, Avon, Ind.
• Helped her team to a 5-3 week against Bethel (Ind.), Huntington (Ind.), Taylor (Ind.) and Spring Arbor (Mich.).
• Went 19-for-30 (.633) at the plate with 20 RBI and a 1.467 slugging percentage.
• Carson led the Wildcats in a series sweep over Bethel, recording three doubles, three home runs and eight RBI.
• Carson leads the nation in home runs (15) and is ranked No. 2 in the NAIA with a .586 batting average on the season.
Courtesy of the NAIA