Want more education? Try a course or a seminar at the 2021 NFCA Convention. There are three National Fastpitch Coaches College (NFCC) courses and three Pre-Convention seminars available.
These courses and seminars are NOT included in the Convention registration fee.
National Fastpitch Coaches College (NFCC)
For an additional fee, build your coaching knowledge with our National Fastpitch Coaches College classes.
NFCC 402A: Advanced Analysis of Pitching (Dec. 7-8)
This course will provide two days of in-depth information on the technical aspects of pitching; serving to enhance your ability to analyze and teach selected fundamental individual skills to today’s pitcher.
Instructors: Larissa Anderson (Missouri), Cindy Bristow (UC Riverside), Melyssa Lombardi (Oregon)
- Study the mechanics of pitching
- Examine skills through video and photo analysis
- Evaluate faults and fixes with pitchers
- Learn coaching cues and drills to improve your pitcher's fundamental skills working hands on with live batters and pitchers
NFCC 402B: Advanced Analysis of Hitting & Short-Game Skills (Dec. 7-8)
This course will enhance your ability to understand, analyze and teach selected fundamental individual skills on the offensive side of the ball. Two days of in-depth information will be delivered by instructors who are some of the best offensive minds in the country.
Instructors: Lindsay Leftwich (LSU), Chris Malveaux (Tennessee), Craig Snider (Texas A&M)
- Study the mechanics of hitting, bunting and slapping
- Examine skills through video analysis
- Evaluate faults and fixes with live batters
- Learn coaching cues and drills to improve offensive fundamental skills working hands-on with live batters
NFCC 406: Coaching Dynamic Team Practices (Dec. 11-12)
Championship teams run championship practices. Learn how to design and implement practices from small group and individual segments to full team sessions that allow skill development in a competitive atmosphere.
Instructors: Jessica Allister (Stanford), Kate Drohan (Northwestern), John Rittman (Clemson)
- Take an in-depth look at planning, organizing and conducting practices from the ground up
- Construct a draft of a master practice plan and discuss sample daily plans
- Consider differences in pre-season, pre-game and off-season plans
- Develop practice policies and procedures, logistics and routines
- Discuss mistakes coaches make when teaching drills and how to prevent them
- Learn how to boost your players' performance through effective feedback
- Actively participate in drills designed to improve your personal coaching skills;
- Observe and evaluate practices designed to help players develop game sense, counter offensive-defensive strategies and prepare for games.
For a small additional fee, build your coaching knowledge by selecting one of our three pre-Convention seminars. Sign-up when registering for Convention.
Learn From the Legends (Dec. 8)
Listen to a panel of elite coaches share their personal stories and advice from their own coaching careers as they answer your questions and address everything from planning practice to team culture.
Panelists: Judi Garman, Carol Hutchins, Ralph Weekly, Margie Wright | Moderator: Jacquie Joseph
Around the Horn; Developing Elite Defenders (Dec. 8)
This seminar includes a position-by-position analysis of how elite coaches develop the key physical and mental traits to play defense at the highest level.
Instructors: Kristie Fox (UNLV), Stacey Nuveman Deniz (San Diego State), Mike Reed (UT Tyler), Heather Tarr (Washington), Bonnie Tholl (Michigan)
Rapsodo Softball Pitching Certification (Dec. 8)
Join Toni Paisley (Paisley Pitching) and Ashley Sunshine (S2 Breakthrough) as they discuss how to use Rapsodo data to enhance and elevate your entire pitching staff. Discover how to use metrics like spin rate, spin efficiency, pitch break, release height and angle, and more to design pitches, measure performance, and build effective year-round training plans. Leave this course with the skills and knowledge needed to help you build a dominant pitching staff.